CHURCH ONLINE & TC GROUP HOME GUIDE
Welcome to our Home Guide. Our Home Guide is to provide you with resources like the discussion guide to make the most of your home and TC Group experience. You can lead and pastor your home or TC Group by creating healthy habits when you take part.
Sushi, Sex, & Subtitles
Pastor Brad Livingston, Transformation Church, February 21, 2021
So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand. For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being, but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members. Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.
Relationships, Dating, & Sex are all things God intended for us in this life. However, these things have become more and more perverted through our consistent sinful desires and downfalls. This series will help guide you through this and align these topics back through how God sees them.
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.
Scripture Reading Questions
(CHOOSE ONE OR ALL)
- What did you notice about this passage?
- What does this teach you about God?
- How is your character?
- How are you challenged to live differently according to Romans 7:21-25?
- How has Sunday changed your perspective on your approach to the sin in your life?
- What best explains your approach to God’s grace? Is it climbing the mountain, fighting the life jacket, or trying to clean yourself with mud?
- Pastor Brad said, “Jesus took all of your SIN, and He didn’t just put it away, he put it on himself.” How will this cause you to see Jesus differently?
- Since Grace already changed how God sees you, what do you need to change in reference to how you see you?
Take a moment to pray as you close out your reflection time, pray for those in your group.