TC GROUP HOME GUIDE
Welcome to our Home Guide. Our Home Guide is to provide you with resources like the discussion guide to make the most of your home and TC Group experience. You can lead and pastor your home or TC Group by creating healthy habits when you take part.
Pastor Brad Livingston, Transformation Church, May 16, 2021
Read the scripture aloud.
And you were dead in the trespasses and sins in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience— among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind. But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved.
This series is about the 5 Solas of Christianity and Salvation. In these 5 weeks we will discuss the Biblical understanding of the process of Salvation and God's role in it. Simply, knowledge and understanding of what it means to get saved, be saved, and live saved.
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
- Has your faith journey usually felt like a new life in Christ or beating a tire trying to earn your position in Christ?
- How has your perspective changed when you realized that you weren’t doing the work, but rather being worked on when you got saved?
- What does it mean to you that God’s grace wasn’t a free gift to the world, but a free gift to you?
- Which one of the four people described by Pastor Brad (Arrogant Christian, Inferior Christian, Joyless Christian, Grace Filled Christian) are you? What do you see most commonly in other Christians you know?
- How does the quote, “It’s not just God’s grace that we are saved, it’s God’s grace that we know that we need to be saved.” impact you and your thoughts about your salvation?
- How do you think differently about the idea of Grace Alone?
Take a moment to pray as you close out your reflection time. Focus our prayers today on God helping us realize that God rescued us and saved us by grace alone and that we can find great joy in that reality.