“Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you. See, darkness covers the earth and thick darkness is over the peoples,
but the Lord rises upon you and his glory appears over you. Nations will come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your dawn.
- Active faith causes HUMILITY in us so we can be the DIFFERENCE in others for God.
What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
- Active faith sees WORK as opportunities to INFLUENCE others and GLORIFY God.
- Our work should be how God is seen in our spheres of influence.
- God, you made a mistake by giving me this sphere of influence.
- God, I’m going to waste my influence because these people aren’t worth your time or mine.
“If you were to go to a book table at a church and see a biography with the title “The Man God Uses” or “The Woman God Uses”, you would immediately think it was the story of a missionary, teacher, church leader, or specialist in some sort of spiritual work. What you find in the story of Joseph is a highly successful manager or official. This is evidence that God is not just looking to use men and women in ministry but in law, in medicine, in business, in the arts. Not seeing this is the great shortfall of today.” – Dick Lucas
- Active faith is FOCUSED on what matters MOST, a life of pursuing God.
“Lift up your eyes and look about you: All assemble and come to you; your sons come from afar, and your daughters are carried on the hip. Then you will look and be radiant, your heart will throb and swell with joy; the wealth on the seas will be brought to you, to you the riches of the nations will come…. they will be accepted as offerings on my altar, and I will adorn my glorious temple.
“This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.