Mr. Phil Show
What is God’s Plan?
“Christ’s love is greater than any person can ever know. But I pray that you will be able to know that love. Then you can be filled with the fullness of God.” (Ephesians 3:19, ICB)
1. Paul is praying for something. What is it? (That we would all know Christ’s love.)
2. How do we turn enemies back into friends? (By showing God’s supernatural love.)
3. What kind of love? The mushy gushy kind? (No—the kind that puts others first. That makes other people more important.)
4. Who is the ultimate example of this kind of love? (Jesus.)
5. Do we have enough love in us to love the whole world? (Nope. But God does. He can help us love more and more.)
6. Is there anyone in your life you could show this kind of love this week?
For toddlers: Hug each other and say, “God’s love is the greatest love,” several times.
For grade schoolers: Brainstorm ways to show God’s supernatural love to others this week. That could mean your child forgives someone who has wronged him or her, does something kind, or tells someone about the gospel.
For you: How can you love someone in a sacrificial way this week? Reach out to someone in love, even when it is costly.