Haven't Watched The Lesson?
Here is a step by step guide to get you where you need to be.
- Go to https://accounts.rightnowmedia.org/ and log-in.
- Once logged in, scroll all the way down to the bottom and click the first lesson that’s showing under “TC Kids Elementary”.
- The video lessons will pop-up, now choose the session lesson that’s provided for this week.
- If you have any issues please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Phil Show
October 11, 2020
Lesson: Mr. Phil Show | Session 12 | Philippians 4:8-9
We wanted to make sure to provide you with an opportunity to do this Sunday’s lesson at home. Have fun with it! We love you and are praying for your family today!
The TC Kids Team
Use these questions to talk to your child about the message of Philippians. Then consider taking the So What? Challenge to incorporate this session’s message into your own life alongside your child’s.
“Brothers, continue to think about the things that are good and worthy of praise. Think about the things that are true and honorable and right and pure and beautiful and respected.” (Philippians 4:8, ICB)
1. What is this whole section of Philippians about? (How to live. It’s about what should come out of our lives if we’re following Jesus.)
2. Paul tells us to think about things that are good and pure and beautiful. Does that mean we have to ignore bad news? (No. We should never ignore it when others are hurting.)
3. Then what does Paul mean? (He means when we look for examples of how to live, look for examples that are good, pure, and beautiful.)
4. Is it wrong to read stories where bad people do bad things? (Only if the bad things are being called “good,” or good things are being called “bad.”)
5. Can you think of a movie where someone does bad things? Did the movie say those things were “bad” or “good”?
Let’s Pray It Out
Parents, we want to encourage you to speak Life and the Word of God over your family. We have found it makes all the difference! Pray the prayer below with your family.
Dear God, help me use my gifts to serve others. Teach me to treat others how I would like to be treated and to love others like I love myself. It is better to give than to receive. Thank you for your love. I will serve my friends, my family and my world. In Jesus name, Amen.
For Your Child
Work with your child to memorize Philippians 4:8. Encourage him or her to use it as a reminder to think on what God tells us is good, pure, and beautiful.
Who are your examples? Who do you look to in order to learn how best to follow Jesus? Spend some time considering whether or not you dwell on what is good, pure, and beautiful. And make changes where necessary.